16oz. Can, Honey Wax
Premium mold release paste wax developed with high quality carnuba wax. Spreads easily and buffs to a very high luster.
- Mold surface should be thoroughly cleaned and dry. Apply mold sealer if necessary.
- Apply a thin even film of Honey Wax using circular motions and making sure there is complete uniform coverage, use the applicator sponge or a clean dry rag.
- Let coating haze completely, this should take 2-15 minutes.
- Buff the surface to a luster using a fresh clean absorbent cloth or micro fiber towel as soon as the film is totally dry.
- Wait approx 10-15 minutes or longer before applying another coat of Honey Wax, 5-7 coats initially will effectively fill the pores and coat the mold surface. The number of coats needed depends upon the porosity of the mold.
- Once a part is pulled apply 2 more coats of Honey Wax
- For the third part a single application will suffice. From this point on multiple pulls can be achieved.
- If a new mold is being put into service and molding is done with a polyester resin it si recommended that PVA be used over the 5-7 coats of Honey wax for the first two molding cycles. This is not necessary if the mold is seasoned and being reconditioned.